System Engineer specialised in Navigation, Radar or Communication Systems (m/f)
Antwerp Space is one of Belgium’s oldest and most experienced space companies. Our roots go back to 1962, when we were set up as a division within the Alcatel Bell group. We became an autonomous subsidiary in the 90’s.
The OHB SE group acquired our company in July 2010 and so we got our current name ‘Antwerp Space’.
Satellite communications, that’s our business
Today, Antwerp Space is a fast-growing company focusing on satellite communications. Our current activities include:
- Satellite Communication Subsystems
- Satellite RF & Communication Equipment
- Telecom Payload Technology
- Satellite Ground Stations and Equipment
- Advanced Test Systems
- Secure Communication Networks
The company employs about 70 people. Most of them are highly skilled engineers and technicians from all over the world, the majority of which hold an engineering degree, with strong expertise in the areas of digital signal processing, hardware and software design and in the management and technical lead of complex projects.
- Support of satellite projects from the pre-development phase up to spacecraft integration
- Support of proposal preparation as well as evaluation of subcontractor proposals
- Assessment and evaluation of subsystem relevant concept trades across feasibility and pre-development studies
- Analysis of system requirements and extraction of Navigation-, Radar- or Communication subsystem relevant requirements
- Definition of requirements as well as generation and maintenance of specifications for the Navigation-, Radar- or Communication subsystem equipment
- Production and maintenance of documentation (analyses, specifications, test procedures, reports and design descriptions)
- Design and configuration of Navigation-, Radar- or Communication subsystems for satellite applications
- Support of system reviews as well as support and coordination of subsystem reviews
- Technical coordination of work with customers, vendors and subcontractors
- Cooperation with project team, system engineering and other divisions
- Presentation of work results internally and in front of the customer
- Development of test concepts and provision of suitable support during test phase
- Master degree in electrical engineering, communication engineering or comparable qualification
- A PhD in a Navigation-, Radar- or Communication topic would be an advantage
- Professional experience in phase B/C/D in Navigation-, Radar- or Communication projects would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- High degree of flexibility
- Enjoy teamwork in large projects
- Ability to work effectively and independently
- Experience in dealing with customers and vendors would be an advantage
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Willingness to travel
- An attractive salary with all fringe benefits in a high-tech environment.
- A result-oriented culture, attention for well-being, fit with the job and comprehensive grow and learning opportunities.
- The possibilty to contribute to a sustainable technological development.
Do you feel attracted by this function? Please do contact us quickly! We take the time to go through your CV and motivation letter. In case you pass this screening, we take the time to talk to you and to bring you in contact with this fantastic company.
Your data is being handled with the utmost discretion.
This procedure was exclusively entrusted to Rialto Recruitment, therefore it isn’t appreciated that others directly approach our customer with candidates
+32 3 443 04 86