Sr. Reliability Engineer (m/f)
Total is one of the world’s top ten integrated oil and gas processing companies. Their facilities include the immense Antwerp refining and petrochemicals complex, their largest in Europe.
To meet growing global demand and adress new market trends, Total upgraded and adapted the site to focus production on higher-value-added products that meet the most stringent environmental standards. The aim is to make the complex one of the world’s top performers in the industry.
The complex is ideally situated in Antwerp’s port area, in the thriving Antwerp-Rotterdam-Amsterdam hub serving Europe’s oil markets. The site comprises Europe’s third-largest refinery, which processes 338.000 barrels of oil per day, a petrochemical plant and a facility that produces polymers, with a capacity of 1.1 million tons per year of ethylene.
With nearly 1.700 employees, the Antwerp complex produces a range of petroleum products, including heavy oil, gasoline, LPG, diesel and jet fuel. It also manufacturers base chemicals, such as olefins, C4 fractions (from butane) and aromatics, some of which are processed into polymers (high density polythene). These products are used in a number of consumer and industrial applications, such as packaging and automotive components.
Thanks to the technical expertise of the Group’s employees and their ability to manage major projects, Total has been able to forge close partnerships with the world’s main producing and consuming countries.
At Total, their ambition is to become the responsible energy major. They can only succeed and achieve this ambition if they create the conditions for their employees to express and develop their potential. They strive to provide their employees with growth opportunities and professional development. Aimed at giving opportunities to each employee, based on achieved results and demonstrated leadership. This within a culture that values innovation, sustainability and flexibility.
For their complex based in Antwerp they are looking for a Sr. Reliability Engineer (m/f). Someone driven, motivated, sense of urgency, strong people management and great communication skills
- You are responsible for the analysis, reporting and filing regarding equipment failures.
- You identify new reliability issues, perform root cause analysis (RCA) , …
- You write procedures/methods and define maintenance policies for equipment (preventive, predictive, spare parts, …).
- An intensive communication with the business teams is key to collect the necessary data.
- You’ll make recommendations for improvements to equipment including discussion for the justification.
- Build up and/or keep up to date technical expertise on equipment and accessories.
- You will be analysing statistical data such as MTBF, top 20, costs, failure reporting, …
- An active participation in networking events is important to use these contacts to solve TRA’s issues.
- You will advise the project groups on new equipment or large modifications. • You will improve and correct specifications for reliability reasons.
- The improvement and development of maintenance methods will be part of your responsibilities. Aswell as the implementation of new legal requirements.
- You will show an active participation to technical committees and working groups that you are dedicated to.
- You will manage the maintenance department on external (and internal) audits: prepare and coordinate them, convert the recommendations into specifications and procedures, communicate with the organization and motivate the collaborators to implement these recommendations.
- You will use SAP as a data and cost management tool.
- You are an engineer with a good understanding of the overall refinery processes.
- You have a +/- 10 years of relevant experience in the maintenance department or similar.
- You have a profound expertise in reliability (+/- 5 years) and are familiar with international standards.
- Knowledge of maintenance and safety procedures, equipment specifications and legal requirements is mandatory.
- You are familiar with the basic PC applications, knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- You possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You have a persuasive approach and a high responsibility attitude.
- You are familiar with different European languages and you have excellent communication skills (Dutch, English, French).
- Joining Total means contributing to a shared ambition for responsible energy, tackling extraordinary technological challenges in multicultural teams, preserving your work/life balance and more.
- Total strives to provide their employees with stimulating working conditions so they can give the best of themselves.
- Growth opportunities and professional development within a culture that values flexibility, sustainability and innovation. A global player with opportunities in Belgium and abroad.
- Total invests in the potential of all their employees, offering a broad array of training courses to develop their skills throughout their career, enabling them to achieve a high level of operational performance and broaden their professional horizons.
- A nice, motivating remuneration, an extensive package of extra-legal benefits, social protection and respect for work/life balance.
Could this be an interesting opportunity to you? Don’t hesitate to contact us. We will take the necessary time to review your CV and cover letter in order to be able to schedule a follow-up appointment as soon as possible. Your data will be treated with the utmost discretion.
This procedure was exclusively entrusted to Rialto Recruitment, therefore it isn’t appreciated that others directly approach our customer with candidates.
Gwenn Van de Wal