Sr. R&D Engineer Optomechanics / Technical Lead
Our customer, Key Technology, is the producer of inspection, transport and sorting machines within the food industry. They serve the market EMEIA (Europe / Middle East / India / Africa). Key Technology is located in Hasselt (BE) has a sister company in Beusichem (the Netherlands), is a subsidiary of Key Technology Inc. (USA), and is a member of the Duravant Group. See www.Key.net.
In Hasselt (BE) there is the global R&D centre for opto-mechanical, mechatronic and software components. In order to support the future growth, our customer is looking for a
Sr. R&D Engineer Optomechanics/Technical Lead
- Your responsibilities as Sr. R&D Engineer Optomechanics
- You design by using 3D detailed parametric modeling; you perform alpha and beta development and you document sub-assemblies of optical sorters with strong focus on opto-mechanical detection and imaging systems, including integration.
- You contribute in setting up requirements and test specifications for optical, fine mechanical, mechatronic subsystems and / or components.
- You understand interactions and trade-offs common to optimizing and integrating with the other functional R&D groups.
- You lead design and modeling exercises and development tasks or projects.
- You oversee the work of other engineers, technicians and consultants or contractors or suppliers.
- You train and manage engineers and technicians to co-develop, produce and support optical mechatronic systems.
- Work directly with Management, Marketing, and Business Development for Voice of the Customer and new concept development, and with Legacy & Mfg Engineering in support of design for manufacturing (DFM), configuration management and cost reduction efforts.
- You continuously look for improvements via design and components to preserve Key’s leading position.
- You support the installation and production when needed.
- Master degree in mechanical, mechatronic or applied physics engineering
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Industrial machine vision inspection & sorting systems or a minimum of 5 year’s relevant experience in a similar field.
- Very good knowledge of computer aided design – preferable CREO3.0
- Knowledge of optical systems, components and modelling aids such as Zemax, is a conditio sine qua non
- Curious and open, willing to network
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts
- Ability to work either independently or as an integral and collaborative part of a development team.
- Must be self-motivated and aptly function in a fast-moving high-tech environment.
- Experience with SharePoint, confluence, jira and standard office package
- Good knowledge of English and Dutch.
- Good communicator and experience with outsourced development.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
Good, benchmarked benefits.
A challenging job in an international organization.
Large diversity of products and technologies.
Do you feel motivated to apply for the job?
Don’t wait, go ahead and send us your CV and letter of motivation.
We will gladly take the necessary time to evaluate your application thoroughly.
At Rialto Recruitment your data is safe, the security of your personal data is very important to us, we will deal with it in a confidential and careful way.
Please send your CV or questions to Nancy.Scheyltjens@atlantae.eu or call +32 476 800 406
This procedure was exclusively entrusted to Rialto Recruitment, therefore it isn’t appreciated that others directly approach our customer with candidates.