Sr. Electrical Engineer Operations (m/f)
Total is one of the world’s top ten integrated oil and gas processing companies. Their facilities include the immense Antwerp refining and petrochemicals complex, their largest in Europe.
To meet growing global demand and adress new market trends, Total upgraded and adapted the site to focus production on higher-value-added products that meet the most stringent environmental standards. The aim is to make the complex one of the world’s top performers in the industry.
The complex is ideally situated in Antwerp’s port area, in the thriving Antwerp-Rotterdam-Amsterdam hub serving Europe’s oil markets. The site comprises Europe’s third-largest refinery, which processes 338.000 barrels of oil per day, a petrochemical plant and a facility that produces polymers, with a capacity of 1.1 million tons per year of ethylene.
With nearly 1.700 employees, the Antwerp complex produces a range of petroleum products, including heavy oil, gasoline, LPG, diesel and jet fuel. It also manufacturers base chemicals, such as olefins, C4 fractions (from butane) and aromatics, some of which are processed into polymers (high density polythene). These products are used in a number of consumer and industrial applications, such as packaging and automotive components.
Thanks to the technical expertise of the Group’s employees and their ability to manage major projects, Total has been able to forge close partnerships with the world’s main producing and consuming countries.
At Total, their ambition is to become the responsible energy major. They can only succeed and achieve this ambition if they create the conditions for their employees to express and develop their potential. They strive to provide their employees with growth opportunities and professional development. Aimed at giving opportunities to each employee, based on achieved results and demonstrated leadership. This within a culture that values innovation, sustainability and flexibility.
For their complex based in Antwerp they are looking for a Sr. Electrical Engineer Operations (m/f). Someone driven, motivated, sense of urgency, strong people management and great communication skills
- You are in charge of the daily electrical net operations, planning and execution on TRA electrical grid (from 150kV to low voltage distribution).
- You will act as the SPOC for internal users as towards the local power plant operator and the transmission net operator.
- All substations are your asset, together with the team of operators, you are responsible for the daily checks and creation of maintenance notifications and acceptance of the executed maintenance works. As well as the necessary tests of emergency systems (UPS, dieselgenset) to ensure correct operations.
- You will facilitate the work permit preparation for maintenance and contractors and approve work permits and method statements.
- To assure a smooth execution off the planned outage for maintenance reasons, you will have to communicate with all concerned stakeholder departments and grid users.
- You will take an active role in the analyses of incidents on the grid.
- You will maintain and develop the EMCS and SCADA systems for monitoring the electrical grid, including alarm management.
- You are responsible for updating the substation operation procedures, writing training documents for operators and guarantee the level of experience of these operators.
- You will represent the company, in the group and towards other electrical companies.
- You are an engineer with a good understanding of the overall refinery processes.
- You have a minimal of 4 years relevant experience in an electrical maintenance or operations environment.
- Experience in electrical power distribution in utility, transmission of generation sector in an operational or commissioning function is mandatory.
- You have knowledge of the Belgian legislation (AREI/RGEI).
- A strong background of electrical calculation methods, settings and selectivity is a must-have.
- You have knowledge of the Belgian and European electricity markets.
- You show a strong sense of urgency, flexibility and accountability.
- You have strong leadership and people management skills.
- You have highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written (bilingual: Dutch—English, French is a plus) and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Joining Total means contributing to a shared ambition for responsible energy, tackling extraordinary technological challenges in multicultural teams, preserving your work/life balance and more.
- Total strives to provide their employees with stimulating working conditions so they can give the best of themselves.
- Growth opportunities and professional development within a culture that values flexibility, sustainability and innovation. A global player with opportunities in Belgium and abroad.
- Total invests in the potential of all their employees, offering a broad array of training courses to develop their skills throughout their career, enabling them to achieve a high level of operational performance and broaden their professional horizons.
- A nice, motivating remuneration, an extensive package of extra-legal benefits, social protection and respect for work/life balance.
Could this be an interesting opportunity to you? Don’t hesitate to contact us. We will take the necessary time to review your CV and cover letter in order to be able to schedule a follow-up appointment as soon as possible. Your data will be treated with the utmost discretion.
This procedure was exclusively entrusted to Rialto Recruitment, therefore it isn’t appreciated that others directly approach our customer with candidates.
Gwenn Van de Wal