Project Engineer Production
VCST is a world-class automotive supplier of precision-machined powertrain and brake components for OEM’s and Tier 1 suppliers. As part of the worldwide BMT-group, VCST is independent of other automotive suppliers and a preferred partner for high-end solutions.
The company has emerged as a world leader in the design and manufacturing of propulsion units with a significant impact on vehicle performance. The engineering procedures used, constantly deliver integrated and optimized solutions.
VCST has a diversified blue-chip customer portfolio including names like Audi, Caterpillar, Volkswagen, among others.
Founded in 1988, the company now has 1250 full-time employees active at production facilities in five different countries with their headquarters located in Belgium.
To expand their team in Sint-Truiden (BE), VCST is looking for a motivated Project Engineer – Hard Turning
As Project Engineer you will report to the Manager Project Engineering.
- You are responsible for the project-based detailing and installation of (part of) the production process starting from a product drawing.
- You define the required specifications for machines, tools or systems.
- You guide the entire process from the definition phase to the final implementation.
- You are responsible for the correct technical detailing and full implementation of production resources. This will be done within the set project targets.
- You are able to perform both risk analysis techniques (e.g. FMEAs) and error proofing techniques (e.g. Poka Yoke).
- You coordinate, organize and realize the necessary purchases within a new project in cooperation with the quality and production department.
- You direct and provide technical support to the quality engineering and equipment engineering departments in the procurement process of both high-tech measuring equipu0002ment and machines.
- You look to improve already existing processes (Continuous Improvement).
- You provide the necessary documenting throughout the project
- You have at least a Master of Civil or Industrial Engineering or equivalent through experience.
- You have knowledge of statistical process techniques.
- You combine strong analytical skills with a hands-on mentality.
- You are knowledgeable of CNC programming.
- You are able to work with a high degree of independence combined with a cost conscious but result-oriented attitude.
- You are willing to be temporarily available at other VCST sites (Mexico, China, Romania).
- You have an awareness of environmental laws and regulations.
- You are knowledgeable of customer (specific) requirements.
- You have an awareness of product safety regulations and the legal aspects.
- You have good communication skills as well written as oral.
- Knowledge of English is a must. The knowledge of Dutch and German is a plus
- You will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
- You will be part of a dynamic, open and fun team that works closely together and supports eachother when needed.
- You are given a lot of freedom, ownership and room for personal suggestions and improvements.
- A challenging environment within an organisation that keeps investing in new production lines, machines and continuous improvement projects.
Could this be an interesting opportunity to you? Don’t hesitate to contact us. We will take the necessary time to review your CV and cover letter in order to be able to schedule a follow-up appointment as soon as possible. Your data will be treated with the utmost discretion.
Follow the link to our diversity statement.
Gwenn Van de Wal
+32 3 443 04 84
This procedure was exclusively entrusted to Rialto Recruitment, therefore it isn’t appreciated that others directly approach our customer with candidates