Project Engineer Automation
VCST is a world-class automotive supplier of precision-machined powertrain and brake components for OEM’s and Tier 1 suppliers. As part of the worldwide BMT-group, VCST is independent of other automotive suppliers and a preferred partner for high-end solutions.
The company has emerged as a world leader in the design and manufacturing of propulsion units with a significant impact on vehicle performance.
The engineering procedures used, constantly deliver integrated and optimized solutions.
VCST has a diversified blue-chip customer portfolio, including names like Audi, Caterpillar, Volkswagen, among others.
Founded in 1988, the company now has 1250 full-time employees active at production facilities in five different countries with their headquarters located in Belgium.
To expand their team in Sint-Truiden (BE), VCST is looking for a motivated and ambitious Project Engineer Automation (m/f/x).
- You are involved in the production process for products like gears, shafts and valve bodies in Belgium and abroad.
- You will play a large part in the production of custom-made machinery with an eye for innovation and newly developed techniques.
- You will work according to a project-based approach along with fellow engineers from VCST.
- It is your responsibility to investigate, define, install and start up automation processes from A-Z (robots, laser systems, vision systems, …).
- According to a product drawing you will define the required specifications concerning machinery, tools or systems.
- You will oversee the whole definition phase to the final implementation of these processes.
- You will ensure that the processes are ready for production and actually support the production department at SOP.
- You will transfer the responsibility for the production process towards a production environment that will mostly be abroad, willing to travel frequently is also a must.
- You will give continuous attention to the necessary instructions, trainings, standards, etc. for the local engineers and operators.
- You have at least a Master of Civil or Industrial Engineering or equivalent through experience.
- You are experienced in general Project Engineering skills (budgeting, timing, RFQ’s, …).
- You have knowledge of industrial automation (Fanuc robots, Gantry loaders, …).
- A general knowledge of mechanics, electricity and pneumatics.
- Preferably some years of experience in the automotive industry.
- You have a “can do” attitude and you are “willing to roll up your sleeves”.
- You have good communication skills both with internal and external clients.
- Knowledge of English is a must. The knowledge of Dutch and German is a plus.
- You will work in a global organisation and are willing to go on business trips frequently.
- Experience with industrial (Cognex) cameras
- Knowledge of Siemens PLC programming S7 and TIA Portal
- Knowledge of Siemens CNC programming
- Experience in programming Fanuc robots
- Knowledge of CE/machine safety
- Experience with electrical motors, frequency inverters and servo drivers
- Knowledge of control panel building and industrial sensors
- You will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
- You will be part of a dynamic, open and fun team that works closely together and supports each other when needed.
- You are given a lot of freedom, ownership and room for personal suggestions and improvements.
- A challenging environment within an organisation that keeps investing in new production lines,
- machines and continuous improvement projects.
- State of the art projects and innovative solutions for custom specified needs.
Could this be an interesting opportunity for you? Don’t hesitate to contact us. We will take the necessary time to review your CV and cover letter in order to be able to schedule a follow-up appointment as soon as possible. Your data will be treated with the utmost discretion.
Have a look to our diversity statement via this link.
This procedure was exclusively entrusted to Rialto Recruitment, therefore it isn’t appreciated that others directly approach our customer with candidates
Gwenn Van de Wal
+32 3 443 04 84