Production and R&D Manager
Based on innovative technologies, Orfit develops and produces the most precise and reliable thermoplastic materials for medical devices that improve patient treatment around the world.
The Orfit team provides immobilization systems for cancer patients in radiation oncology, orthotic fabrication materials for patients in physical rehabilitation and prosthetic socket materials for amputee patients.
Orfit is a family owned company, based near Antwerp in Belgium. The company was founded in 1991 and sells their products in 105 countries.
Due to the growth of the company, Orfit is looking for a Production and R&D manager Composite materials.
- As Production/R&D Manager you will report to the CEO.
- You will be involved in the R&D of composite materials that are used in the products manufactured by Orfit.
- You will be constantly improving existing products and developing new innovative products and systems, in line with the needs of the markets.
- You are familiar with reverse engineering and you are able to characterize rheological, physical, mechanical and other structural aspects of materials and products.
- As an expert in the production of composite materials you will create a new production department and you will manage the day to day production process.
- You are able to solve any quality issues related to the high quality products.
- You know how to prepare and manage the production of composite materials. You are also very hands-on and you love to plunge in the production yourself.
- You are able to build a team and have the right skills to be a good people manager.
- In this position you will also develop and execute new scientific and empiric test protocols, methodologies and technologies to further develop the R&D and quality control department.
- You are responsible for the execution of literature and patent studies in the composite technology.
- You maintain the contacts with the suppliers of raw materials, additives and other materials that are being used in the R&D department and the production.
- You have at least a PhD degree in Composite Chemistry/Engineering. Added to this 3 year or more experience in the industry is a plus.
- You are very hands-on.
- You have a proven record of composite research work and scientific publications.
- You have a proven record of production management and optimization.
- You are familiar with CNC and with prototyping and CAD CAM.
- You are eager to learn and you have a flexible attitude towards customer demands.
- You are a creative mind who is able to invent new products and technologies.
- You are a determined person who wants to achieve his goals. You have no 9-5 mentality.
- You are a good organizer and able to build a team.
- You have good communication skills as well written as oral.
- Knowledge of English is a must. The knowledge of Dutch and French is a plus.
You will be offered a competitive remuneration package (exclusive company shares).
You will be working in a financially healthy and very ambitious family owned company, were there is room for constant learning, a good team spirit and nice company activities, a professional communication style and flexible working hours
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact +32 3 443 04 84
This procedure was exclusively entrusted to Rialto Recruitment, therefore it isn’t appreciated that others directly approach our customer with candidates