Product (Development) Engineer
Based on innovative technologies, Orfit develops and produces the most precise and reliable thermoplastic materials for medical devices that improve patient treatment around the world.
The Orfit team provides immobilization systems for cancer patients in radiation oncology, orthotic fabrication materials for patients in physical rehabilitation and prosthetic socket materials for amputee patients.
Orfit is unique in the industry because they are the only company that has the entire process of R&D, Production, Quality Assurance and Sales & Training under one roof.
Orfit is a family owned company, based near Antwerp, with a team of 120 co-workers and direct sales teams in Belgium, USA, France, Germany, the Netherlands; and a trusted network of strong distributors.
Due to the growth of the company, Orfit is looking for a Product Engineer (m/f/x).
As Orfit’s Product Engineer, you are responsible for the development of new, saleable products in the company’s medical device product range
- You follow up your own projects from A-Z (from idea to production).
- You specify, design, test and document.
- You make detailed technical drawings that will be used for the production of your product.
- You develop prototypes and the first series production in collaboration with subcontractors.
- The complete administrative file is also monitored by the product engineer. This includes managing files related to the products specifications and drawings (Autodesk Vault, ERP, PLM).
- You provide work instructions and work protocols about the correct use of the product.
- All the steps in the development process are followed in accordance with the applicable ISO/MDR/FDA standards.
- You are in contact with both the various departments within Orfit, as well as with external partners, suppliers and subcontractors. You collect the necessary information for the correct specifications of a product through various channels.
- You follow up on subcontractors with regard to costs, prototypes and 0-series.
- You support production, sales and the customer service department.
- You assist in the preparation of user manuals.
- You work together with other product engineers under the supervision of the R&D Manager.
- Coming from a technical education, you have at least a Bachelor’s degree with a relevant technical focus: Product Development, Electromechanics, Industrial Sciences,
- You can work fluently with 2D and 3D CAD. Knowledge of CAD programs such as Autodesk Inu0002ventor and SolidWorks, is a plus.
- You have insight into technical and production drawings.
- You are experienced in making part drawings, with dimensions, tolerances, …
- You already have a good technical knowledge, including production and assembly techniques, dimensions, strength of materials, …
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- You have a creative and innovative spirit, but aren’t afraid of the extensive administrative process.
- You are punctual in the execution of tasks according to a set schedule, you have strong reporting skills.
- You can work independently, you can take responsibility, are able to multitask and have a resultu0002oriented mindset.
- You have an eye for quality, detail and safety.
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch and English.
- You are willing to occasionally go on short foreign business trips.
- You will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
- You are given the opportunity to develop the most innovative products that have a direct impact on the quality of people’s lives all around the globe.
- You will be working in a financially healthy and very ambitious family owned company.
- Room for constant learning, a good team spirit and nice company activities
- Growth opportunities and professional development within a culture that values flexibility, sustainability and innovation.
Could this be an interesting opportunity to you? Don’t hesitate to contact us. We will take the necessary time to review your CV and cover letter in order to be able to schedule a follow-up appointment as soon as possible. Your data will be treated with the utmost discretion.
You can access our diversity statement through this link.
* This procedure was exclusively entrusted to Rialto Recruitment, therefore it isn’t appreciated that others directly approach our customer with candidates.
Gwenn Van de Wal
+32 3 443 04 84