Noise (NVH) Engineer
VCST is a world-class automotive supplier of precision-machined powertrain and brake components for OEM’s and Tier 1 suppliers. As part of the worldwide BMTu0002group, VCST is independent of other automotive suppliers and a preferred partner for high-end solutions.
The company has emerged as a world leader in the design and manufacturing of propulsion units with a significant impact on vehicle performance. The engineering procedures used, constantly deliver integrated and optimized solutions.
VCST has a diversified blue-chip customer portfolio including names like Audi, Caterpillar, Volkswagen, among others.
Founded in 1988, the company now has 1250 full-time employees active at production facilities in five different countries with their headquarters located in Belgium.
To expand their R&D team in Sint-Truiden (BE), VCST is looking for a motivated Noise Engineer.
- As Noise Engineer you will report to the R&D manager.
- You will organize and follow up defined tests in production, together with process engineers.
- You will perform theoretical simulations of vibrations in general and transmission errors specifically.
- You are responsible for the organisation and follow up of in-house and customer-side noise testing.
- As an expert in noise engineering, you will define noise research topics. This will be done both analytical as test.
- You support the design engineering department to optimize gear trains for noise performance.
- You organize NVH (noise, vibration & harshness) work to cover general as well as application specific NVH work.
- You design experiments for noise related product innovations.
- In this position you will also be responsible for NVH optimization through analytical simulation.
- You are responsible for production support concerning problems and/or deviations in production.
- You model NVH to be validated on NVH test rigs.
- You have at least a Master of Engineering Technology, Master of Engineering Science or equivalent through experience (minimum 3 years).
- You have a specialisation in noise/vibration engineering.
- You combine strong analytical skills with a hands-on mentality.
- Experience in automotive, aerospace or aviation engineering is a plus.
- You understand NVH measurement info received from customers and are able to discuss/translate VCST designs versus customer requirements.
- You are able to set up and document noise tests.
- You have an awareness of environmental laws and regulations.
- You are knowledgeable of customer (specific) requirements.
- You have an awareness of product safety regulations.
- You have good communication skills.
- Knowledge of English is a must. The knowledge of Dutch and German is a plus.
- You will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
- You will be part of a dynamic, open and fun team that works closely together and supports eachother when needed.
- You are given a lot of freedom, ownership and room for personal suggestions and improvements.
- A challenging environment within an organisation that keeps investing in new production lines,machines and continuous improvement projects.
Could this be an interesting opportunity to you? Don’t hesitate to contact us. We will take the necessary time to review your CV and cover letter in order to be able to schedule a follow-up appointment as soon as possible. Your data will be treated with the utmost discretion.
Follow the link to our diversity statement: link.
Gwenn Van de Wal: email@example.com or +32 3 443 04 84
This procedure was exclusively entrusted to Rialto Recruitment, therefore it isn’t appreciated that others directly approach our customer with candidates