Mechanical Integration Engineer
From our sites in Belgium and the UK, QinetiQ enables the most demanding space missions. As one of the largest and most respected global science and technology organisations, we are constantly breaking new ground in the application of cutting-edge technology in the space sector. We deliver pioneering solutions and are successfully transferring our expertise into pushing the boundaries of space. Why don’t you team up with us and help us seize the opportunities of tomorrow?
As a Mechanical Integration Engineer you would be responsible for the mechanical integration of scientific instruments and satellites on a project level. Following integration procedures and standard processes, you would assemble mechanical and electro-mechanical parts and subsystems together with harnessing to create functional hardware. In this task, you would be supported by the design and system engineers. Furthermore, you should be able to perform basic functional tests.
- You have a bachelor or master degree in mechanical engineering, electro-mechanical engineering or similar by experience.
- You are very handy and have the technical insight to understand what is needed to build functional hardware.
- You are meticulous, driven, and can perform when deadlines are approaching.
- You are a team player and like to take initiative, you see problems as challenges.
- You are able to read documents and communicate in English. Knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
You’ll not only get to work in a well-known space company offering flexibility, work-life balance, and an open and friendly working environment, but you will also become one of the privileged engineers that can say some of the hardware they helped built is actually orbiting Earth!
Are you interested in this opportunity?
Would you like to become part of the team?
Please do not hesitate to contact us asap. We welcome you to send us your CV and motivational letter.
Your application will be dealt with the utmost discretion.
You can access our diversity statement through this link.
+ 32 471 793 953