Machining Manager (m/f)
CNH Industrial is a global leader in capital goods that implements design, manufacturing, distribution, commercial and financial activities in international markets. They employ more than 63,000 people in 66 manufacturing plants and 53 research and development centers in 180 countries.
Their global presence and broad reach mean that they are capable to capitalize on opportunities for growth and pursue their ambition to become a leader in their sectors.
Through 12 brands CNH makes vehicles that keep agriculture and industry growing. From tractors and combines to trucks and buses, as well as powertrain solutions for on-road and off-road and marine vehicles. CNH Industrial designs, produces and sells machines for work.
CNH Industrial offers career opportunities for successful professionals with the technical knowledge and expertise relevant to their wide range of operations. They look for committed individuals who can demonstrate their belief in their products and values, and for people who are determined to motivate those around them and contribute to the team.
CNH Industrial strives to provide their employees with growth opportunities and professional development within a culture that values flexibility, sustainability and innovation.
The internal growth of their own resources is key to ensuring the long-term success of the Company. Accordingly, CNH carries out actions aimed at giving opportunities to each employee, based on achieved results and demonstrated leadership, as per the meritocratic culture.
Training opportunities are designed to enable employees to perform their roles effectively, and in doing so, contribute to the achievement of the Company’s business objectives.
For the manufacturing plant based in Antwerp we are looking for a Machining Manager (m/f). Someone driven, motivated, strong people skills, quality & solution-minded and with great communication skills.
Context and goal of the position:
You will report to the operations manager and will be member of the Plant Management Team.
Within the framework of plant objectives, established manufacturing company policies and procedures, this position has the accountability to conduct and organize all required processes and activities for an effective machining of all make parts
This in line with engineering specifications, in respect of established production schedules, against set forward standards of product quality and product cost and operational safety.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Manage the machining (metal cutting) department with gear manufacturing, heat treatment and big casting machining.
- Manage the maintenance department, performing reactive and preventive maintenance in the machining and assembly department.
- Manage and improve the safety culture and results.
- Assure that safety policies and ecology rules are respected.
- Manage headcount in function of short and long term manpower requirements including necessary actions to maintain flexibility.
- Develop training plans in view of flexibility, new products etc.
- Develop team spirit and maintain good human relationship in line with company rules.
- Ensure a quality level in line with customer expectations.
- Elaborate weekly/monthly production schedules based on customer requirements.
- Manage material inventory.
- Monitor cost and performance and take appropriate actions.
- Increase competitiveness through cost improvements (material, administration, other overheads etc).
- Continuously improve the processes through relayouting, working conditions etc.
- Undertake all necessary actions to preserve machines and equipment from deterioration and to maintain in good working conditions.
- Receive quality claims from internal customers and from central quality office.
- After Product Engineering and internal customer consultation, submit to the Quality Manager for approval all temporary deviations from engineering specs.
- Ensure that minor maintenance is taken care of by the production workers, including the cleaning of machines, equipment, forklifts, etc.
- Perform area lay-out inspections.
- Interact and communicate with unions (workers council, ..).
- WCM structure in the workplace organization, with focus on NVAA reduction
- Education: Industrial or Civil Engineer.
- Relevant experience in component manufacturing (machining) activities of which at least 5 years in a management position.
- Technical knowledge on metal cutting and maintenance of machine tools.
- Ability to implement and manage team KPI’s.
- Managing a team in an environment with unions.
- Proactive attitude.
- Being able to analyze problems and define solutions.
- Knowledge of WCM is a plus.
- Good knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Strong organization skills.
- Fluent in Dutch, good knowledge of English, knowledge of Italian is a plus.
- Growth opportunities and professional development within a culture that values flexibility, sustainability and innovation. A global marketleader with opportunities in Belgium and abroad.
- Nice salary and and extensive package of extra-legal benefits.
Could this be an interesting opportunity to you? Don’t hesitate to contact us. We will take the necessary time to review your CV and cover letter in order to be able to schedule a follow-up appointment as soon as possible. Your data will be treated with the utmost discretion.
This procedure was exclusively entrusted to Rialto Recruitment, therefore it isn’t appreciated that others directly approach our customer with candidates.
Gwenn Van de Wal