Front End Architect
Qcify builds Quality Inspection systems based on computer vision and deep learning for the food industry. Currently we have two machines and we are mainly focussed on the nut processing industry.
Founded in 2015 we are currently going from start-up to scale-up and we are expanding the team.
We are looking for an internal, full time front end architect (m/f/x) to join the team in Herentals.
- We are building our new software stack which is the foundation for future Qcify machines. We use a modular design with key components being implemented in C++. Primary platform is Linux but we also support Windows.
- High level, we currently have a user interface in QML on top of a C++ back end. All components are integrated using structured messaging and we rely on Nvidia technology for the deep learning. Our machines run in factories and need to be performant and reliable. We leverage cloud services for all our central computing needs.
- Our way of working is based on DevOps but we only use the concepts and practices that make sense to us, without going into the full overhead of Agile or other heavier frameworks.
- We strongly believe in enjoying our work and doing it efficiently and effectively. We avoid administrative overhead and red tape as much as possible.
- We are now looking to further enhance our software stack with a cross platform user interface and reporting capability. This will require technology choices and system design before we move into implementation. We are looking for an experienced front end architect to take the lead in this domain.
At least 8 years of experience in front end development covering both general system architecture and hands-on development.
- A DevOps mindset and experience with test and deployment automation are required.
- Excellent communication skills and fluent language skills (Dutch and English) are required
- Experience in UI & UX design and implementation, you understand design systems and modern web application UX principles.
- Fluent in Dutch and English (spoken and written)
- Prior experience in the equipment manufacturing industry would be a plus
- Way of working
- You will work independently and will be accountable for your results.
- You are motivated to learn. Technology evolution within R&D is constant. You are expected to keep abreast of developments in the field and bring new and innovative ideas to the table.
- You come to the office if you have to or if you feel like it. The results of your work count, not where you are physically located, we strongly believe in Telework.
- You will be part of the global Qcify team and are expected to work in an international context.
- There are opportunities for global travel but this is not a requirement.
Key technical skills
- Design and implementation of cross platform user interfaces. You will be expected to both architect and build our future front end solution.
- Technology choice has not been made yet. We have a QML2 based initial implementation and we are considering several other options like React, Angular, Vue or Flutter. Other options are also possible, we are counting on you to guide and conclude the technology selection process.
High value skills
- Experience with QML2
- Experience in data visualization and reporting
- Experience with Cloud services
- Strong Linux skills and a thorough understanding of computing infrastructure
Nice to have skills
- Graphic design skills are a plus but not required for the job
- Development skills in C++ and Python
- Azure DevOps tooling
- FlatBuffers and ZeroMQ
- An attractive salary
- Secundary benefits
- Company car
- Extra holiday at Christmas
Are you ready for this challenge? Are you enthusiastic to join Qcify ? We would like to hear from you!
More information regarding our diversity charter through this link.
+32 474 91 79 65
This procedure has been entrusted exclusively to Rialto Recruitment, therefore it is not appreciated that other parties approach our client directly with candidates.