Engineering Manager (m/f)
For our client CG Pauwels Power Systems we are looking for an Engineering Manager (m/f). CG Power Systems Belgium is an innovative and international company with a fresh view on engineering technologies. They built transformer, substations for high voltage power lines and windmillparks. Their R&D Headquarters are located in Mechelen (Belgium).
As one of world`s leading engineering corporations, CG provides end-to-end solutions, helping its customers use electrical power effectively and increase industrial productivity with sustainability.
CG is amongst the top 10 transformer manufacturers in the world, and one of the very few companies worldwide that designs and manufactures such a wide and diverse range of Power and Distribution Transformers as well as Reactors from 160kVA to 600MVA, and 11kV to 765kV Class, conforming to IEC, ANSI, IS, BS and other International Standards.
Thanks to its well-structured and validated business model, CG is well positioned to provide its customers with technology-driven, value-added solutions, leveraging a broad product portfolio on the one hand, and enhancing the entire value-chain quality, delivery, and services on the other hand.
After a thorough reorganization in the past years CG Pauwels are experiencing a large growth of incoming orders and projects. Therefore they are looking to expand their team with a significant number of qualified and highly skilled engineers.
Do you think you’ve got what it takes to take on these technical challenges? Are you interested in working in a competitive and high-tech environment? Do you want to give your all, working for a large multinational player? And your profile matches as described below? Don’t hesitate and contact us so we can discuss the possibilities.
As engineering manager, you are responsible for managing the engineering department and the technology strategy in the Systems Division. You coordinate design, look for new technolgies to be implemented in the projects and product improvement activiteis to meet strategic goals and cutomer needs.
You work closely with the Project Management team to ensure customer expectations are met for the present and future. You manage the team to ensure an on time quality based output. You develop a network of external contacts to identify early technology trends, opportunities and talent.
- Define technological strategy, technical pipeline, tools and key procedures.
- Establish standards and procedures that can be translated into customer solutions.
- Search, identify, select and recruit technological talent in support of the division strategy and tasks.
- Manage the engineering department organization and assign resources to the various projects.
- Monitor all projects and ensures on time completion within budget of the engineering scope.
- Drive the improvement of design and engineering tools.
- Represent CG in external technological bodies, universities and asssociations.
- Working together with the customer to find the best solution for his problem/request.
- Agree lead time per complexity and follow up the agreed lead times.
- Motivate, train and evaluate your group of engineers according the new technolgoeis and market requests.
- Define, initiate and install automation project and to increase throughput time.
- Respect safety, environmental and health regulations, process and procedures.
- Master in Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering.
- Technical knowledge of transformer or high voltage transmission technology is an asset.
- 5 year experience in a project management area.
- 10-15 years of experience in Engineering in an equivalent relevant area of technical expertise.
- People Manager : at least 5 years experience in leading a group of engineers.
- Knowledge (understanding) of technical software regarding tools for optimizing design and/pr throughput times.
- Team player and solution driven.
- Very good knowledge of Dutch and English
- Growth opportunities and professional development within a culture that values flexibility, sustainability and innovation. A global marketleader with opportunities in Belgium and abroad.
- Nice salary and and extensive package of extra-legal benefits.
Do you feel motivated to apply for the job?
Don’t wait, go ahead and send us your CV and letter of motivation.
We will gladly take the necessary time to evaluate your application thoroughly.
At Rialto Recruitment your data is safe, the security of your personal data is very important to us, we will deal with it in a confidential and careful way.
Gwenn Van de Wal