Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer
Bruker is enabling scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker develops high-performance scientific instruments and high-value analytical and diagnostic solutions that enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular, and microscopic levels. We have been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 60 years and today, Bruker continues to build upon its extensive range of products and solutions, its broad base of installed systems, and a strong reputation among its customers. Worldwide, more than 7,200 employees are working on this permanent challenge at over 70 locations on all continents.
As an Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and support of measuring instruments and experimental set-ups to meet predefined requirements and specs. You will also be responsible for analysing and optimizing electro-mechanical designs of measuring instruments and respective subassemblies.
- Design and support of measuring instruments and experimental set-ups to meet predefined requirements/specs.
- Analysing and optimizing electro-mechanical designs of measuring instruments and respective subassemblies.
- Participation in building prototypes and pre-production batches, as well as support in transfer to series production.
- Preparing test plans and assessing developments using appropriate test protocols.
- Support the selection of suppliers for key components to ensure that specific requirements are met.
- Creating manufacturing drawings, designs, and test documentation.
- Maintaining proper information in a product data management system.
- Interacting with other teams on-site, including production, service and support and applications as well as R&D teams world-wide.
- Academic education in Industrial Engineering, Electro-Mechanics or equal by experience.
- 5+ years of working experience in design of micromechanics, precision instruments and/ or measuring instruments.
- Familiarity with metrology, measurement systems, and respective technologies.
- Good knowledge in the use of CAD Tools, experience with Solidworks is an advantage.
- Good knowledge in the use of CAE Tools (e.g. ALTIUM DESIGNER/EPLAN).
- Profound skills in general prototyping (soldering, assembling, wiring, etc.).
- Good cooperation and communication skills.
- Experience in working in an interdisciplinary and international team.
- Very good spoken and written knowledge of English; Dutch or German language skills would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of X-ray imaging and computed tomography will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of SAP will be a plus.
- International and inspirational work environment.
- Permanent employment.
- Responsible tasks and the chance to contribute your own thoughts.
Do you feel motivated to apply for the job?
Don’t wait, go ahead and send us your CV and motivation letter.
We will gladly take the necessary time to evaluate your application thoroughly.
At Rialto Recruitment your data is safe, the security of your personal data is very important to us, we will deal with it in a confidential and careful way.
Please read our diversity statement via this hyperlink.
+32 471 793 953