Desktop Engineer – 1st Line Support
ARAG SE is one of the largest specialized Legal Protection insurers active internationally.
The company goal is to make legal aid available for everyone. We seek people who are willing to contribute in reaching this goal and take on the wonderful opportunity to join a family owned global company.
It are exciting times for the IT-department, who are currently involved in large digitalization projects. For the Belgian branch, located in the center of Brussels, we are looking for a Desktop/First Line Support Engineer (m/f/x).
- Are you interested to become part of a small IT team of experts?
- Do you have the passion and experience to help users and find solutions?
- Do you want to work for an international group? Then ARAG could be the fit for you.
You will directly report to the IT Manager.
- First line support: Responsible for user request management, identification of problems and communication of the solution towards a specific or all users.
- Documentation: Responsible (under the supervision of the IT Manager or Solution Architect) for the documentation of IT operational processes and first line support procedures.
- Software Images: Responsible for creating and maintaining functional disk desktop images, containing contents and structure of a hard drive, network configuration, updated security settings and all software configuration packages by MS Intune
- Troubleshooting Software and Hardware: Responsible for Troubleshooting issues reported by the end user. These issues could be software related or can be related to malfunctioning hardware.
- You will also be part of the maintenance team for all IT-systems.
- Preferably a Bachelor in Computer Science or relevant field/experience.
- Relevant experience in a similar role is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft environment desktop, Active Directory, O365, Azure Exchange, SharePoint, Linux, VMWare/Hyper-V is required.
- Experience with DNS, storage, ethernet/IP configuration, network infrastructure is a plus.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (powershell, vbs, …) and web development techniques is a plus.
- Languages: FR, NL, ENG
- You are customer-minded and you always tend on helping people.
- You are eager to learn and discover new technologies.
- You are an analytical problem-solver who also have a knack for being a good listener and able to manage priorities.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are well organized, structured and you have the ability to work independently and within a team.
- SCRUM/Agile is known to you.
- Growth opportunities and professional development within a culture that values flexibility, sustainability and innovation.
- The possibility to evolve into a System Engineering role.
- A fun and coherent team where you can depend on your colleagues and grow as a group.
- A challenging position with a high level of independence and responsibilities.
Do you feel that the position appeals to you?
Then contact us quickly. We will take the time to go through your CV and motivation letter so that we can schedule a follow-up appointment as soon as possible. Your information will be handled with the utmost discretion.
You can consult our diversity statement via this link.
* This procedure was exclusively entrusted to Rialto Recruitment, therefore it is not appreciated that other parties approach our client directly with candidates.
+32 474 917 965