Our customer, Key Technology, is the producer of inspection, transport and sorting machines within the food industry.
They serve the market EMEIA (Europe / Middle East / India / Africa).
Key Technology is located in Hasselt (BE) has a sister company in Beusichem (the Netherlands), is a subsidiary of Key Technology Inc. (USA), and is a member of the Duravant Group.
In order to support the future growth of the entity in Hasselt, our customer is looking for an Application Engineer (m/f/x).
- Are you the analytical Application Engineer (m/v/x) with a passion for food processing, vision technology with a mathematical insight and excellent communication skills?
- Do you enjoy a technical challenge, can you work independently, but also a great team player, do you have the spirit to represent our company in front of customers?
- Are you dynamic, dedicated and professional and can you cope under pressure? Then you may be just the Application Engineer we are looking for !
The Application Engineer is responsible to setup, optimize and demonstrate product testing on all of our equipment.
- You collaborate with the sales team to promote our equipment and will be responsible to demonstrate the best solution.
- The Application Engineer will be involved with projects from early start till the end and will make sure that the application part of a project is correct.
- Therefor you are able to do an overall check on spec’s and performance; you will report and document all your findings and you will need to do performance tests both, on site or internally.
- With your technical knowledge you will advise other departments on the finesse of the applications.
- With your creative and innovative ideas you will search or optimize to obtain the best solution for the customer and you are able to organize a training on these specialized customer application enhancements.
The main tasks of the Application Engineer are:
- Check all application related elements of a sales opportunity.
- To set up, plan and coordinate, specific sales related application projects and take the full responsibility to execute the tasks successfully.
- Support the R&D projects, especially on-site testing at the customer site.
- Provide technical support related to application or specification changes.
- Write application reports for external and internal use.
- Keep yourself up-to-date with the applicable quality system of Key Technology.
- Technical education on a bachelor level with wide range mechanical and electrical skills.
- More than 4 years of relevant work experience, and a work permit for Belgium.
- Strong interest in vision technology and food processing is a plus.
- Must have a high level of self-confidence but must also be willing to ask for help.
- Commercial and consultation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate machinery in front of a customer.
- Strong in technical and commercial documentation of his analyses.
- Experience and good knowledge of vibrating and sorting technology is a plus
- Good knowledge of English and Dutch, other European languages is a plus.
- Willingness to, occasionally, travel to customer sites.
In Return, Key Technology offers:
Besides good benefits, we also offer a challenging job in an international organization and large diversity of products and technologies.
Could this be an interesting opportunity to you?
Don’t hesitate to contact us. We will take the necessary time to review your CV and cover letter in order to be able to schedule a follow-up appointment as soon as possible. Your data will be treated with the utmost discretion.
Follow the link to our diversity statement link.
Want to know more?
Please send us your motivational letter + Curriculum Vitae for the attention of Herman Arkens
+32 474 91 79 65